Wednesday, October 15, 2008

value essay final draft

Price or Priceless
We in America are confused in things with value and things without price value but sentimental value. I was even challenged a little to make a list of ten items with value and ten without price value. With the list of each priceless and value items, making a paragraph saying why I like that item or moment was difficult to. I got two items that are important to me and found a way to explain them. Can you think of ten items that have price value and priceless value? Can you explain why? Try to see if you can it could be a little difficult.
I step up to the plate. It’s my second time up. I have been warming up with swing after swing.The game tied three, three. The third base coach gives me a sign. Tells me to swing. I am ready; the umpire gives the signal for the pitcher to pitch. Catcher gives him a signal I watch the pitcher wind up he throws it. Then I wait until it comes down close enough to swing.
Then when it comes its low and outside. I wait again some more, ball coming again and now its hits the dirt. Get another signal it told me to bunt but the ball came to high so I let it go. I get the signal not to swing so I didn’t. Now the coach tells me to swing with three balls and one strike. The ball coming in is a perfect pitch for me and I can’t resist it. I lean back and put all my force into the swing. Crack!
The ball makes a really loud crack as it soared up and away. I could see it as I sprinted to first not knowing where it will end up. The ball kept going and going the center fielder ran further and further back until he reached the fence and watched it go over. I rounded the bases happily enjoying every step of my first home run. It was crazy.
I turn it on the, music is bumping. The song I was listening to before I turned it on comes on. All the songs I like are on it. Showing my taste of music to anyone who looks or listens to it. I listen to it all the time and always have it with me when I can. Sometimes I listen to it doing homework, before a game, or just for fun.
Its black and its rectangular. I have hundreds of songs and some videos. I only have had it for 2 to 3 years. It’s the first I have had and it’s amazing. It always works and the battery last forever and it’s very easy to add songs to the memory.
I use it to calm my self in stressful situations but at times I use it during excursing. Running, jogging, or whatever. It keeps me going so I don’t get bored and quit. Even though it might get tough.
I value both my mp3 and my first home run ever so much. They both me bring me excitement when I think and use them. I really think about my first home run more because I can go to my mp3 whenever I want. The home run I think is more valuable to me then my mp3 because it my only one and it’s been a highlight in my sports career.
My home run and my mp3 or both important to me because they have value to me and I always remember it or hear it. My mp3 lets me escape to a place like no other where I can control what I do. On the other hand my home run reminds me how I felt that day playing and how I wish I could hit another.
People in America should value anything that is in their possession that is worth money value and even if its not worth money. People should value anything that is close to them no matter what it is. Because until you lose it you won’t value it as much as you did when you did have it. Appreciate all you have what ever it may be.

No comments: